Wednesday, November 13, 2013

FOTD: Golden Smokey Eyes

Hi guys! I'm finally back with another post. I was inspired to do a really dramatic smokey eye look so I thought why not do a Face of the Day as well. I wanted to do a duo-chrome kind of smokey eyes but I failed, so yeah. I'm still pretty happy with the result though. Hope you guys enjoy this post. :)






Face:
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla and 56 Light Bronze (I mix a little bit of 56 to make 51 darker)
- LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Pure Beige as an under eye corrector as it is a bit too dark for my skin. Works wonderful as under eye corrector, I am so going to get more in the right shade, it's so amazing!
- Maybelline Pure Mineral Healthy Natural Concealer in 01 Light as a brightener and to cover spots or blemishes.
- Silkygirl Magic BB White Powder Foundation in 01 Ivory as a setting powder.
- Essence Bronzing Compact Powder in Matt as bronzer and contour.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm.
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer as my highlighter.


Eyes:
- Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil in #2 Gray Brown.
- Daiso Clear Mascara (Blue tube) to set my brows in place.
- LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer.
- NYX Retractable Eye Liner in Black as the base and eyeliner.
Sleek Makeup Maximum Impact Single Eye Shadow in Nightlife (Review here) as a base colour.
- LORAC PRO Palette (Review here) - Cream, Mauve, Taupe, Gold, Black.
- Elianto Splendour Shadows (Review here) in 02 Maroon Pink and 08 Plum Purple.
- Maybelline Hypercurl Volum' Express Mascara.
- Rimmel London Glam'Eyes Waterproof Mascara.
- Rimmel London Scandal'Eyes Mascara.
- Silkygirl Eye Opener Waterproof Mascara (yes I use a lot of mascaras, don't judge. :P)


Lips:
- Mentholatum Water Lip Lipbalm in Peppermint
- Essence Lip Liner in In the Nude


Tools:
- BH Cosmetics 12 Pieces Classic Brush Set - Spoolie, Angled Eyeliner Brush, Flat Eyeliner Brush, Small Eyeshadow Brush, Blush Brush, Powder Brush.
- BH Cosmetics 10 Pieces Eco Brush Set - Powder Brush, Blending Brush.
- Coastal Scents Classic Blender Natural Brush
- Daiso Eyelash Curler
- Blender Sponge (not Beauty Blender)


Phew. Didn't realise that I was actually using a lot of products for this look. :O I just wish that I did the eyes a bit more dramatic because it doesn't look as dramatic in pictures (trust me it looks more dramatic in person). Anyway, thank you so much for reading this post, stay tuned for a lot more! :)


P.S: Some of the pictures above were taken by my lovely sister, Nadhirah Ismailjee. Thank you sis!




Don't forget to follow me on my other social networks:





Love,

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Farisha! <3 You're beautiful as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice eyes! love the combination of the colors :)

    Loves,
    www.fibieelyh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thank you! Glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. The eye make up.. just stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The eye make up.. just stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hehe takdalah pro pun. Amateur lagi. Hee. :D

      Delete
  6. cantik nyaaa! :) bestla lorac pro, rasa tempting gile nak beli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you Shaza! Tapi takleh lawan Shaza punya eye makeup, lagi cantik! :D Beli lah LORAC PRO, best sangat2! :)

      Delete
  7. love how well you blend it.i understand when u said it look more dramatic in person and not in the picture cuz if its look dramatic in the pic then i don't thing we will feel comfortable with the amount of makeup layers we've to put on.what nice blog u have and i'm following you.do visit my blog and follow it if you like ;) http://thewhimsywoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Natasha! Yes, I agree with you. If it looks dramatic in pictures then it would probably feel too much in real life. But I am going to challenge myself to do a more dramatic look one day. Anyway, I've followed you back. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah you can do dramatic look special for blogging purpose or if attending an event.but im eyeing the lorac pro palette *evil tone* tempting nak sangat2.mcm lg best dari naked family,urban decay.

      Delete
    3. I'll definitely do more dramatic eye looks! Hehe. You should get it, worth the money, seriously, best sangat! :)

      Delete
  8. I love, love love this look on you! Great job girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi may i know where did you get the L.A Girl Pro conceal from in malaysia ? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!