Review: Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid and Mauve Allure

Hello my beauts! In my previous post, I said that I won an Avon contest and the prize was some lipsticks from the Totally Kissable line. I got 2 lipsticks in Deep Orchid and one in Mauve Allure. These are my first Avon lipsticks, actually no, these are the first Avon products that I ever owned. I've never tried Avon before with unknown reasons. So do you think these lipsticks would beat my all-time favourite Silkygirl lipstick? Keep reading to find out!


I have no idea but I've done some research and the retail price in the US is $8. Will update the price in Malaysia later.


Any Avon outlet.


I don't think so.


"Full-coverage conditioning color infused with fruit enzymes and a blend of natural oils for lips that are visibly fuller, softer and smoother."


The Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick comes in a very beautiful reflective tube. I'm usually not a big fan of mirror-like design on lipsticks because of fingerprints, but this one is so beautiful. I really love the packaging! Now on to the formula, Avon claims them to be full-coverage and conditioning. It is not fully opaque, I find it to be a little bit sheer but it is buildable. Not the 'tinted lipbalm' kind of sheer, but not as opaque as regular lipstick. Especially the one in Deep Orchid. Judging from the two lipsticks that I got from this line, the formula is very moisturising and glides on very smoothly. It does cling to dry patches so make sure you prime your lips before wearing this lipstick. It has a very heavy vanilla-ish scent, so yummy! I am not sure about the staying power because I haven't tried wearing them just yet. Deep Orchid is a very deep purple red, in the tube it looks almost black. But when swatched, the colour turns out lighter than in the tube. Mauve Allure is a medium cool-toned mauve. Both of them are not the usual lipstick colour that I would wear, but they're gorgeous. Also, both contains no glitters, so yay for that! I've surveyed their website and already had my eye on Naughty and Nude, Natural Glow and Caressing Coral. I'm a neutral kind of girl, gotta have my nudes and corals. Deep Orchid and Mauve Allure could be my new favourites, it's just they're not my kind of colour. I am so going to buy more because of the amazing formula! 









Bare lips with no lipbalm

With Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid

With Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Deep Orchid

With Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Mauve Allure

With Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Mauve Allure





I really love the vanilla scent, smells really good. As for the pigmentation, I do find that they're a little bit sheer than I thought they would be. But they're definitely buildable to full opaque coverage, as you can see in the swatches above. It takes about 2-3 coats to get that intensity you see in the pictures. 


Very moisturising
Well pigmented
Has a very nice vanilla scent
Glides on smoothly


None!


Definitely!


Yes, with no doubt!




How do you like my new watermark? I changed the watermark because I got bored with the old one. :P And I am proud to say that I took the product pictures above, with the help of my sister of course. She took the pictures of myself and she did something different than what I usually asked her. I love the outcome! :D Thank you guys so much for reading my blog, stay tuned for a lot more posts.


P.S: My sister, Nadhirah Ismailjee took some of the pictures above. Thank you so much sis!
P.P.S: Don't mind my no-makeup face in the pictures above!


Have you tried any Avon lipsticks before? Tell me about it in the comment section below.


Don't forget to follow me on my other social networks:





Love,

Comments

  1. Wow, i really like the packaging. These lipsticks looks promising. I only tried the simply pretty range from Avon. I bought the simply pretty lip tint a while ago, but it tasted so bitter! Can't tolerate that. But I'm guessing the lipsticks from the Avon range itself won't be the same. Another amazing photos you have. Your sister is very talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the packaging too, looks really luxurious. :D They are one of the best lipsticks I've ever tried, formula-wise. Very moisturising and pigmented. You should try it! :) Omg I agree, I can't stand lip tints mostly because of the taste. I prefer lipsticks than lip tints though they're not as long-lasting. Have you tried the lipsticks from the Simply Pretty range? :) Awhhh, thank you Liyana! Yes she is very talented, I'm proud to have her as my sister. :D

      Delete
  2. the deep orchid remember me the anaconda movie. and i love how beautiful colour that mauve allure gives you a very soft look. i think this so much great for raya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really? Dark and vampy eh? Hehe. Thank you sweetie! I do think Mauve Allure suits me in pictures but in real life, it's a lil bit too bold for me (I usually go for nudes and corals). But maybe you'll like it. Yeah they're perfect for raya! :)

      Delete
  3. Deep Orchid tu mengancam! org berani je blh pkai :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang sgt mengancam Shu! Saya pun tak berani pakai keluar rumah. Hehe.

      Delete
  4. The Deep Orchid looks good on you! You make me long for dark vampy lip colours! LOL! Mauve Allure is a great neutral colour as well. If this beats Silkygirl's lipstick, I'd definitely buy this soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks hun! <3 Hehe go get Deep Orchid, it's the perfect vampy lipstick in my opinion. :D Mauve Allure is a great choice for everyday wear if you love pinks. :) I'm going to get nudes and corals from this range and will let you know if they're better than the Silkygirl's. :)

      Delete
  5. Your skin is flawless :O So jelly! Looks so soft too (*touchtouch*)

    owo Loving the lipsticks on you!!
    But definitely a tricky one to pull off for some people (Deep Orchid)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG really? My skin is really dry and flaky! But thanks anyway. :D Hehe thank you! Yup, Deep Orchid is surely tricky to pull off even for me. I think it would look less vampy and more wearable on darker skin tones. :)

      Delete
  6. i'm avon dealer.. n i love pink wink. it's totally winking.. hehe.. my love totally can't turn his eyes at my lips, when I applied this totally kissable lipstick. n it's the avon 1st lipstick wih collagen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh this one has collagen? Didn't know that. That's interesting. :) Hehe, how cute! Looking forward to try that one. From which range is Pink Wink?

      Delete
  7. i really love how you took these pictures you wearing them! so pretty! deep orchid is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sabrina! <3 Deep Orchid is a really beautiful colour I must say! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the Deep Orchid lipstick. Looks great on you.

    I've previously changed my web address on my blog (previously was www.perfectimyours.blogspot.com) and i'm having some trouble connecting my Bloglovin to my new address. If you would like to follow me again on Bloglovin. My new blog address is, www.whatalittlepickle.blogspot.com.

    Thank you. Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! Okay, followed you on Bloglovin'. :) <3

      Delete
  9. You have absolutely beautiful pictures! :D I AM SOOOO INTRIGUED! following!
    I've never tried this particular one yet (lol, Avon has waaay too many lipsticks! Am currently going gaga for their matte lipsticks)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, do visit my blog too.. http://aisyahsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok... this is weird.. I don't remember where and how we are introduced to each other.. but I kinda have your insta already. I don't know you have a fabulous blog! Emailed you in the past regarding joining a spree on Mysale but I sorta forgot about it. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts