Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream in Natural

Hello everyone! Firstly, thank you so much Only Beauty for sponsoring this product for review! (I'm so sorry  for being so late with the review.) If you guys aren't familiar with Only Beauty, Only Beauty is a website that provide free samples to everyone. It's really cool! We don't have to pay even a single cent! You guys should check out their website, here's the link:



RM 20++


Guardian, Watsons, and most drugstores or pharmacies.


No.


Our Instant Skin Perfecting Cream is a perfect blend of 8 minerals ingredients. Our unique shade instantly improves and perfects your skin:
  • Brightens skin: visible whitening effect
  • Covers imperfections: reduces the appearance of pores, skin redness disappears
  • Moisturizes + Protects: all day hydration + helps to protect skin from UV rays and free radical
Clinically proven. No oil. No fragrance. No pore clogging. Even suitable for sensitive skin. Dermatologist tested.


Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream comes in a plastic squeeze tube that contains 18 ml of product in it. It claims to be brightening, perfecting and moisturizing. Well, I haven't tried this BB cream on my face yet because I got the wrong shade. :( I really want to try it but it is way too dark for me. But I've tried it on the back of my hand, the texture is really smooth and it does feels moisturizing, but not greasy. I really like the texture of it. It is slightly watery, not too thick like most asian BB cream. It covers pretty well, it does even out skin tone, but I'm not sure if it does cover pores. I really like this BB cream, I think I'm going to buy it in the right shade when I run out of my Garnier BB cream









Evens out skin tone
Covers well
Moisturizing
Affordable


Can be a little bit cakey if you apply too much


Of course!


Yes, definitely!




Thank you so much Only Beauty for giving me a chance to review this product. Don't forget to check out their website:


Thank you for reading my blog and stay tuned for a lot more!




P.S: All photos were taken by my sister, Nadhirah Ismailjee




Love,

10 comments:

  1. sy pun join onlybeauty.com.my..best try sample2 dia..1st try bb cream maybelline yg mousse dlm botol..next day msti dpt sktul jerawat..huhu..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best kan Only Beauty. Banyak dah samples saya dpt dari diorang. Hehe. Yeke? Mungkin tak sesuai dgn kulit Shu kot. Huhu.

      Delete
  2. I tried this bb cream a few years back. The shade doesn't suit me at all. One of the reasons why i'm not really into bb creams. For me, it's better to find a foundation that matches my skin tone to look natural. So i ended up giving this bb cream to my mom. She kinda likes it. Well at least i didn't waste it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? But I love BB cream! Hehe. I had hard time finding a good moisturising foundation because most foundation dries out my skin. :( Can you recommend any moisturising foundation? Well, I'm planning to give this one away too. :) I don't like to waste products too! Hehe.

      Delete
    2. Yeah you're right. Most foundations do not moisturize our skin. Sometimes i just use moisturizer or primer underneath if its too dry. From many of the foundations that i've tried, i think Max Factor experience weightless foundation doesn't dry out my skin. But i bought it when i was a bit naive about my undertone. I currently like Loreal Lucent Magique foundation. The dewy finish is quite nice.

      Delete
    3. I've tried using a lot of moisturiser first, but it's not working for me. :( Thanks for the suggestion Liyana! I'm going to give them a try soon. :) Is the Loreal one moisturising? Well, I've always wanted to try Max Factor's foundation but they're a lil bit on the pricey side (for me). But if it's good, I wouldn't mind paying for it. :) Thanks again Liyana!

      Delete
    4. The max factor one doesn't last that long on me maybe because i have oily-combo skin. Well pricier stuffs doesn't guarantee anything on our skin. For the loreal foundation, i can't comment much because i have different skin type. U can always try it first before buying it. I actually try it on full face after my skin is clean after solat at the shopping mall. Went shopping and check again after a couple of hours. Sounds pathetic. But i don't wanna waste on anything i don't like. Haha.

      Delete
    5. Haha. That's not pathetic. I think should do that too! :P Yeah, that's true. I actually prefer affordable makeup more than high end ones.

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't recommend this BB cream to those with oily skin! Looks really greasy and the coverage fades. Ew. I think it would be fine for other skin types though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it suits dry skin the most as it is moisturising, which is a big no for oily skins. Have your tried the Tarte BB Cream? I think it is good for oily skin.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!